George Stevenson arrived in South Australia in H.M.S. Buffalo in December 1836 as Private Secretary to Governor John Hindmarsh, the Colony's first Governor. In June 1837 Stevenson became editor of South Australian Gazette and Colonial Register. A year after his arrival, in December ... Continue Reading »
Finniss Street Sites
This pair of semi-detached houses was built in 1851 for William Johnston. The absence of any verandas suggests that they were designed by a new-comer from England.
Erected in 1878, this dwelling and a shop which retains the original iron-formed window were built for Sir William Bundey when he was Attorney-General. Today it is a private home.