Taylor House was built around 1908-09 for W.D. Taylor, proprietor of the Lion Timber Mills. It was owned within the Taylor family until 1960 when it was purchased by the Adelaide Children’s Hospital. Like many other Brougham Place mansions it is used as medical offices.
The building demonstrates the transition from Victorian to Federation era architecture, with its elements of ‘Queen Anne’ style including the ornamental timber on the balcony.