Bethlehem Lutheran Church
This church was built in 1872 of bluestone with much stucco; this is particularly evident in the tower with its squat spire where, as on the quoins, the stucco is lined to imitate stone. The circular windows, with their heavy tracery, are a feature of the building. The building has had many alterations and additions, including substantial renovations in 1971-72, but remains largely intact. The church was an important focus for the German Lutheran community. The costs of building the church were shared amongst some 25 families of German Lutheran immigrants to South Australia. It was designed by James Cumming. The two storey Martin Luther school was built behind the church in 1883.