Forum: Has South Australia given up on heritage?
A forum on Thursday May 8th poses the question: has South Australia given up on heritage?
Many years ago South Australia enacted heritage legislation to identify and protect significant places. But where are we today? Recent classification decisions and cuts to heritage entities have provoked fears that our built heritage is now endangered.
A lively forum, led by the National Trust SA President, Professor Norman Etherington, will debate this topic at UniSA’s Hawke Centre. Panellists include:
- The Hon Ian Hunter MLC, Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation
- Vicki Chapman MP, Deputy Leader of the Opposition
- David Brown, BB Architects, Norwood heritage advisor
- Sandy Wilkinson North Ward Councillor, Adelaide City Council
- Marcus Beresford, National Trust of SA
For more information visit the website
Thursday, May 8 at 6pm. Doors open at 5.30.
UniSA City West
Hawke Building – Level 5