stained glass Sites

Christ Church (Anglican)

There is no doubt that this limestone church with its detailing in the English Norman style was designed by Henry Stuckey, architect, and that it was begun in 1848; but probably only the choir and transept were erected in Stuckey's lifetime, the apse being built after his death in 1851 ... Continue Reading »

Eothen – House

Dating from 1891-92, St Corantyn is a significant and well preserved example of the work of architect George Klewitz Soward. It was built for Soward's half-sister Eliza and her husband Charles Hornabrook who was the licencee of the York Hotel.  The house is of relatively modern design though it retains ... Continue Reading »

Government House

The original portion of Government House was completed in 1840 and designed by George S Kingston in the Georgian/Regency style.  The building comprises two main wings- one facing east and one facing south.  The original design was adapted from one made in London for a wooden structure by ... Continue Reading »

Holy Trinity Church

Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity Church was the first Anglican church built in South Australia and is one of the oldest buildings in the City of Adelaide. Colonel William Light, Surveyor-General for the colony of South Australia allocated the site on Lot 9, before the general ... Continue Reading »