Simpson and Company Imperial Warehouse
A. Simpson and Son’s Colonial Tinware Manufactory was on the northeast corner of Grenfell Street and Gawler Place. Simpson’s had occupied the site in 1854, and first stages of the building were constructed about this time. In 1971, the second floor was added to the design of James Cumming; Brown and Thompson were the contractors. The building was extensively altered in 1934 after the firm had left the premises and was demolished in 1956.