The Adelaide Fruit and Produce Exchange was constructed in 1904 shortly after Australia's Federation. It was established with private investment by a special Act of Parliament at the request of a company lead by William Charlick. The East End Market Company was later taken over by the Corporation of the ... Continue Reading »
Built in 1887, St Mary Magdalene's was established mission church of St John's Anglican Church on the site of the old St John's church. It was designed in the Gothic Style by R. Garlick Howell and built of brick and bluestone re-used from the earlier church.
Stow Church Hall, built in 1872, was the work of the architect James Cumming; the builders were Brown and Thompson. It was part of the Congregational Church and comprised a lecture hall, a schoolroom and classrooms for Sunday school. Again the main decoration detail, apart from the stonework, was patterned ... Continue Reading »
The rectory formed part of the complex of St Paul's Anglican church which also included a school house. An architect for the rectory has not been identified, although the church was designed by James Cumming. In 1969,Morgan and Gilbert observed of the rectory, 'This stone building with brick dressings is ... Continue Reading »