Kingsmead – House
This town house was built Charles Jacobs in 1865. It was later owned by E.M. Bagot, a pastoralist, of Ned’s Corner cattle station and notable for his role in the construction of the overland telegraph between Adelaide and Darwin.
The wings on both sides of the main house were later additions.
Early in the twentieth century the property operated as a private hotel and was later divided into flats, one of the earliest such conversions in Adelaide.