Beehive Corner Building
The Beehive Corner Building (1897) is a rare example of commercial Gothic Revival architecture in Adelaide. It was extensively restored in the 1990s. The building is associated with and named after the corner site which has been traditionally known as the Beehive Corner since the 1840s. Messrs Brewer and Robertson advertised their ‘new drapery establishment – The Beehive’ in the ‘South Australian Register’ of 3 October 1849. The Corner has long been a favourite meeting place in the City.